1. Manicured Lawn—The first impression of your home is your landscape. Mow the lawn weekly. Add extra mulch to the planters. Store away any extra hoses, toys, chairs, gardening tools, & anything odd decor i.e. that pink flamingo. Power wash driveways, sidewalks, and porches.
2. Fresh Flowers—Add bright colored flowers near sidewalks and driveway entrances, under trees, around the pool, and around the front and back porch. Adding a vase or two of fresh flowers inside will bring life inside the house as well.
3. The Perfect Porch—Brighten up your outdoor sitting areas with colorful rugs and coordinating pillows. Throw a tablecloth and a place setting on the outdoor dinning table. Make sure the outdoor furniture sparkles. Try to create an outdoor space that feels like a little resort or a spa retreat.
4. Quenching Beverages—On the kitchen island, provide a large bowl with bottled water and other refreshing beverages on ice for weary home buyers.
5. Keep the Climate Cool Indoors—Turn down the AC a degree to two an hour before a showing. It will keep your guests lingering. Turn on all ceiling fans to circulate air and prevent a stuffy room. Walking into a stale warm room is a huge turn off for any buyer.
6. Keep it Natural— Add scents from fresh flowers or lemon. A vase or two of fresh flowers adds life, beauty, and a lite natural scent to a home. In the kitchen, add natural lemon to the garbage disposal.
7. Open Houses–Open your doors and make your home easily accessible for those vacationers in town. Guests from out of town wanting to live closer to their loved ones are more available for open houses then other times of the year. Hold open houses and be ready for showings later in the day during cooler twilight hours.
8. Decorate with Summer Flare—Work with what you have but try to bring in some summer hues of calming blues. Add a splash of color on beds and couches with some fun accent pillows. Place higher quality brandname items strategically to give the impression that the house is of higher quality too.
9. Brighten up with Natural Sunlight—Open up the widows if it is pleasant enough outside to bring in fresh air. If it is to uncomfortable to do so, then raise the blinds or tie back the curtains and show off the beautiful views and filter your room in bright natural sunlight.
10. Declutter and Organize—Don’t cramp your space. Instead show off your space by having it organized and 1/3 full. Using my 1/3 rule of the space in closets, drawers, and cabinets will really show off the space and organization of a home.